Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mom wants a tattoo?!

So I am prepping for some outpatient surgery tomorrow. I am having the rest of the "spots" on my right side removed as there is still a chance that they could be or turn into cancer. Everything will be done under local, but I will still be asleep-so I won't know what's going on.

I have 2 tats which coincide with some major surgery that my mom went through, first the triple bypass and then the mastectomy. So now I am thinking that I should get another one in conjunction with my surgery. I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that I tattooed a couple of small pink ribbons on my boob and when I went to the doctor for my follow-up he told me that I would have to have surgery-and I said "Crap! why did I do that? Now they may have to cut through them!". Silly, I know. But my brain scares me sometimes.

So I am discussing my latest tat idea with my mom (who dislikes them really, but likes the latest one), and asks if it's painful. I said, that it depends on where you get it done-I almost fell asleep when they did the one on my lower back. She had her eyebrows and eyeliner tattooed on-I asked her if that hurt. Then I asked her if she wanted one-and she said that she was thinking about a small pink ribbon on her mastetomy side...WHAT?!? You want a tattoo??? WTF? Who are you and what did you do with my mother? Totally blew me away, but I also thought it was cool.

So I am trying to relax-this procedure has been done a thousand times, and I have a really good team. I still think I could use a Xanax right now.

So tomorrow, when I am done, I will be a litttle lopsided. Oh well, it could be worse.

The result of all this is that me, who was once a pink hater (still am really) am gravitating to things that are pink-but those that are connected with the breast cancer stuff-so not like I'm doing pink wardrobe or anything. Now the color pink has a different meaning for me.

No comments: